Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lehibe mitsiky(ing) fo (Big smiling heart)!!!

Oh my goodness!!! What an unexpected, incredible surprise! At 12:11 P.M. Atlanta time (8:11 P.M. Malagasy time) Erin called. Luckily, with years and years of "Erin sound-bytes", I am accustomed to her quick calls. However, I do think she'd have a long, detailed conversation if her phone didn't quit working after just a moment or two.

In a whispering voice (her "host" family was sleeping), she said "I love and miss you so much!" and y'all know she's extending her love and missing to y'all, too. (Those folks must go to sleep very early! I guess with no electricity, there's not a lot to do after dark. And if you're thinking that a nice fire in the middle of the village with everyone sitting around singing would be fun, I think their religious beliefs mention something about not being out after dark, so there goes that idea.)

Erin has been there for about 10 days and no one has come to bring any mail or to pick up any letters she has written. She mentioned how she is so very much looking forward to receiving mail - so y'all please write. Some of y'all have sent sweet e-mails to me and with your permission, I print them and include them in my letters to her.

She said that half of the time her experience is "heavenly" and you can figure out what the other half is like. She sounded really good. Then the connection was lost. A moment later, the phone rang again and Erin said, "I woke up my family - I've got to go - I love and miss you so much!" That's our little Erin!

I tend to end with something about how I probably won't be adding to this blog for a while and then - HOORAY! - there's a call. Since I'm a little superstitious -"stupidsitiouos" according to my children - once again, I may not be adding to this blog until Dec. 5ish. Until that next thrilling call...y'all take care and please keep Erin in your thoughts and prayers.

Sharing Erin's love,
One happy mommy!